We have been watching Schlitterbahn in Kansas City, KS as it was being built. Every time we passed by on our way to Cabela's we would peek over and see all the new excitement across the street. Our family has been planning a trip to Schlitterbahn, and I think this summer is the year we will go.
Brining 9 kids and 2 adults, I am looking for Waterpark Survival Tips!
A few from Schlitterbahn:
1. Swim shoes or flip flops - Schlitterbahn parks are among the largest in the nation, and that means that invariably there will be some hot spots without shade or outdoor carpet. Wear some sort of water worthy shoe.
2. Suncreen - Water rides remove the best in sunscreen. Apply, ride, repeat.
3. Pack a lunch - Schlitterbahn allows ice chests, but no glass or alcohol. Make sure to pack some favorites but leave room for park specialties like funnel cake and turkey legs! We have a fun check list here and a neat post on being SchlitterReady here.
Here are a few more I'm adding...
1. Stroller - If you have a baby or toddler, make sure you bring a stroller so you have a place to put a sleepy little one.
2. A change of clothes - Waterparks are fun, but once the day is over, you might want a dry pair of clothes to change into before heading home. There's nothing worse than a car ride with wet clothes and fogged up windows.
What are your tips for getting trough the waterpark with your family? Share them in the comments!!!